A bold new Subaru has arrived! The all-new XV crossover is here. The distillation of the best Subaru technologies, smartest thinking and rich Subaru heritage - the best things we’ve ever done, in the best thing we’ve ever done.
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. Boxer engine. Eye-catching 17” alloys. Stunning modern interior. High-tech connectivity. Advanced multi-function display. Huge ground clearance. Dynamic handling. The XV not only looks amazing, it performs amazingly. It won’t just unlock life, it unleashes it! So if you want the real thing, the genuine article, the unadulterated – an S.U.V that’s F.U.N.
Formidable, Frugal Fun
Subaru’s newest generation vehicle, the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive XV, is shaking the sub-compact Sports Utility Vehicle market with a formidable fun-themed package built on quality, high technology, efficiency and sporty design.
XV is a new addition to Subaru’s recreational range and offers incredible fuel economy and low emissions from the new third-generation four-cylinder 2.0 litre FB horizontally-opposed Boxer engine. Its fantastic combination of class-leading low centre of gravity and high ride height make it a handling delight.
There’s the choice of a new smooth and compact Lineartronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT), or an efficient short-shift six-speed manual.
XV is the first Subaru – and the first in the Compact Sports Utility Vehicle class - to offer fuel-saving Auto Start Stop. The engine stops when the car is stationary, contributing to greater fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
Also encouraging economical driving is the state-of-the-art Multi-Function Display (MFD) in the dashboard, from which drivers can gauge their efficiency.
The information-packed MFD in every XV takes driver information to a whole new level in a Subaru.
XV’s ability goes way beyond good looks – including advanced entertainment options, with Bluetoothâ wireless technology compatibility* across the range and carefully textured, soft-touch interior materials. XV is priced from $28,490 Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP)** for the XV 2.0i manual.
High level safety continues to be standard on Subaru – all XVs get a five-star rating for occupant safety from the respected Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).
Every model has seven airbags, including a driver’s knee SRS airbag, plus reversing camera.
XV’s body and chassis structure are strengthened at critical points to reduce the likelihood of occupant injury in heavy impacts. Together with precise steering, this delivers a sense of stability and class leading ride height.
XV’s sporty presence is underlined by its unique 17-inch alloy wheel design, shared across the range. The alloys combine with the stylish hexagonal grille and hawk eye-style headlights to offer great on-road presence.
Subaru’s new design direction, reflected in XV, includes excellent field of vision from the cabin, aided by pillars located far forward and door mounted wing mirrors, reducing blind spots.
Among the many XV highlights:
- Auto Start Stop – fuel saving feature. Engine restarts in as little as 0.2 seconds
- Fuel efficient and clean new petrol Subaru – 7.0 litres per 100 kilometres and 162 grams of CO2 per km, combined cycle
- Lineartronic™ CVT – paddle shift, smoother and 10 per cent more fuel efficient than superseded four-speed
- Six-speed manual – short stroke, easy shift, producing great efficiency
New third generation FB Boxer engine:
- 110 Kilowatts/6200 rpm and 196 Newtonmetres/4200 rpm
- Significant fuel efficiency benefits – long-stroke design delivers approximately 10 per cent improvement due to engine changes alone
- Dual Active Valve Control System (AVCS) – performance and efficiency gains
- 18 per cent reduction in piston weight
- 20 per cent reduction in connecting rod weight
- Major low and mid-range torque improvements
- Euro 5 compliant – cleanest current Subaru petrol engine
- Light body – bending stiffness optimized
- Stylish hawk eye headlights – great light spread
- Eye-catching 17-inch alloy wheel design - unique to XV
- Multi-Function Display – wealth of driver information at fingertips
- Spacious, widebody cabin - extended wheel base
- Ultra low Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) – enhances passenger comfort
- High quality materials – fine dashboard and door trim texture
- Great field of vision – significant safety benefit
- Huge cargo area – child restraints attach to rear seat backs, with no intrusion
- 2.0i-L and 2.0i-S SatNav - includes SMS text to speech for mobile phones with MAP (Message Access Profile) and voice commands, and multiple entertainment options
- Five star ANCAP rating
- Seven airbags - including driver’s knee SRS airbag
- Reversing cameras - all variants
The XV line-up comprises the 2.0i, 2.0i-L and range-topping 2.0i-S, all available with the choice of automatic Lineartronic™ CVT or six-speed manual transmission.
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “Just as our Forester and Outback pioneered new segments for Subaru in Australia, XV will do the same.
“It’s engineered to be tough, yet economical; sporty, yet comfortable; stylish, yet fun and it’s got genuine Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive credentials, which sets it apart from many faux wheel drives that offer promise but no punch when it comes to real handling ability and grip.
“XV cleverly offers both nimble driving and impressive environmental credentials.
“Fuji Heavy Industries have also paid close attention to some critical areas including interior quality, efficiency and exterior design. They’ve clearly scored in each category.
“The XV appeals to people who enjoy expansive lifestyles. People who are active and enjoy new experiences. They don’t want to drive a large SUV, instead they demand car like ride and handling, and convenient cutting edge technology, to enable a fast paced adventurous lifestyle with comfort.
“The XV meets all these needs, with the lowest centre of gravity in its class, combined with the highest ground clearance, delivering a driving experience which offers car like handling and SUV capability. “Overlay that with Subaru’s undoubted safety credentials and you’ve got a truly formidable package that is about to give the market segment a major shake-up.
“XV is a clear indicator of what’s to come from Subaru in terms of new technology and design, so it’s fair to say we’re very excited about our future.”
The new generation XV line-up comprises:
- XV 2.0i – with the choice of Lineartronic CVT or six-speed manual transmission
- XV 2.0i-L – Adds dual zone air conditioning, factory-fitted satellite navigation, electric sunroof, leather steering wheel and gear knob, sliding centre console and rear privacy glass
- XV 2.0i-S – Adds leather trim, eight-way electronic adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, alloy pedals, HID headlights and washers, rear illumination speedometer, wing mirror indicators, chrome insert door handles and silver roof rails
Jarvis agrees, for a period of five years, that in the event of any failure of components listed under parts covered, it will repair or replace such components.
Whether you run out of petrol at Noosa or lock your keys in the car at Gawler, you wont be left stranded with our Free 24/7 RAA Road Service. Valid for five years.